HEAL Retreat in the Woods
- Liberate the body
- Free the mind
- Mindful awareness
- Rejuvenation exercises
- Half-day fasting
- One “Meal-to-Heal” provided
- Tea ceremony
- Special Lecture on “Health and Healing from an Oriental Medicine Perspective” by Jiman Ryu
9am to 5pm, Nov 16, 2019
Woodlot 0007, 28101 Dewdney Trunk Road, Maple Ridge
Fee: $50 including a meal (organic, vegetarian)
Enquire/Book thru email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Together, we will make a day of reflection, relaxation, and HAPPINESS.
- Fasting is the fastest way to healing and detox. Half-day fasting is not too difficult.
- Do not eat anything but water after 7pm on Friday.
- Breaking the fast will be at 4pm with organic, vegetarian, and healing foods designed to cleanse/detox the body.
- Silence will be observed until evening. No cellphones.
- Spend a day in the pristine forest of Maple Ridge. Befriend the nature outside and within.
- Yang-style Tai Chi of authentic lineage.
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Rejuvenation exercises from Taoist and yoga practices.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes made of natural fabric. Bring changeable clothes and towel.
- Please bring your own yoga mat.
- After one-day retreat, you will experience refreshed, reinvigorated, elevated energy level for some time.
Mr. Jiman Ryu will talk about Health and Healing from an Oriental Medicine Perspective. Ask your questions. This will provide invaluable insight into keeping our body and mind fit in this challenging modern life.
Mr. Ryu is a Registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner, and is the Founder and Practitioner of Ryu Clinic Community Acupuncture and TCM in Port Moody.
ONE DAY PROGRAM
- 9-9:30 Registration & introduction
- 9:30-11 Body Loosening/cleansing exercises
- 11-12 Tai Chi Standing – Spine alignment
- 12-1 Tai Chi Form – Balance and flow
- 1-2 Relaxation Meditation
- 2-3 Sitting Mindfulness Meditation
- 3-4 Tai Chi Form – Sinking in
- 4-5 Meal-to-Heal, Talks